At the top of the bluffs leading down to Goderich Harbour, the park is located where the original log structure, Tiger Dunlop’s “castle” stood. The park contains two Provincial Heritage Plaques, one for Thomas Mercer Jones (1795-1868), who administered the Canada Company’s one million acre Huron Tract and the other tells the story of the Founding of Goderich. The park suffered a lot damage and tree loss from the 2011 tornado. A number of public art projects are planned as part of the park’s revival from the storm. Renowned chainsaw carver, Bobbie Switzer, of Lions Head, has carved begun carving stumps from damaged tress into sculptures. Local artisan James Wallace of Sharp’s Creek Forge has been commissioned to create a memorial to the August 2011 tornado that should be in place in July, 2012.
Home of the annual Celtic Roots Music Festival (August 10-12). Visit www.celticfestival.ca for ticket and line-up information.
Address: 168 West Street, Goderich.
GPS: lat 43.743397, lng -81.719442
Contact: Goderich Tourism, 519-524-6600
Year round. Admission Free