The Huron County Economic Development Board, along with the County of Huron Economic Development Department is forming a Tourism, Arts and Culture Enabling Task Force. This group will exist on an interim basis and provide industry intelligence, support and feedback to County staff to ensure innovative and effective programming is developed.
“The County of Huron is committed to growing and developing the tourism, arts and culture sector of the local economy,” says Ron Gaudet, County of Huron Director of Economic Development. “We recognize that the knowledge and experience of entrepreneurs and volunteers working in this sector is critical to the success of this effort.”
Working on behalf of the Huron County Economic Development Board (HCEDB) and in coordination with the Economic Development Department, the Huron County Tourism, Arts and Culture Enabling Task Force will:
- Assist with the promotion of the tourism, arts and culture sector as a critical pillar to the county’s overall success;
- Engage and develop sector leadership;
- Work with the Huron County municipalities that have identified tourism, arts and culture as a key sector within their local economic development strategies;
- Assist with the formatting and development of the Ontario West Coast Guide with a view to encourage and utilize current best practices;
- Assist with the assessment of the County’s branding and its future direction;
- Assist with the assessment of social media and its usage to promote the sector and its activities;
- Seek input from industry and develop metrics for the purpose of assessing and measuring outcomes;
- Work with industry leaders to determine the most practical and effective way to ensure the arts, culture and tourism sector is organized and active in its future direction; and,
- Other duties as may be determined by the HCEDB.
“We plan to have this task force up and running early in the new year,” say Gaudet. “In order to move tourism, arts and culture planning and development forward we need to act quickly.” The task force will be comprised of no less than two Huron County Economic Development Board members and three to seven sector representatives. Members will be chosen through a competitive process based on business type, geographic location, experience and background. Anyone who is interested in applying is requested to email a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2016.