Huron Arts & Heritage Network is a not-for-profit community organization representing organizations, individuals and businesses in the arts, culture and heritage sector of Huron County. The organization is governed by a Board of Directors made up of professional representatives drawn from the local cultural sector who meet once a month throughout the calendar year to supervise operations and projects. The organization holds an annual general meeting every spring to update its stakeholders on their activities of the previous year and to lay out the strategic plan for the upcoming operating year.
Originally formed in 2001 under the name Heritage and Culture Partnership, the organization operated as sub-committee of Huron Tourism Association for the first nine years. In 2010, after extensive consultation with community stakeholders in the arts, culture and heritage sector of Huron County the organization incorporated as an independent non-profit community organization under the new name of Huron Arts & Heritage Network (HAHN).
Huron Arts & Heritage Network fosters growth and success by providing support and services for its members in the arts, culture and heritage community of Huron County.
Huron Arts & Heritage Network carries out its activities with seven goals in mind
1. to increase participation of residents and visitors to Huron County in the arts, culture and heritage programming and events held in Huron County
2. to encourage the development and vitality of the cultural sector in Huron County by providing leadership and guidance
3. to encourage cross-promotion and networking amongst the organizations members as well as the County’s cultural sector
4. to develop new cultural initiatives and programs through sector partnerships
5. to provide and share information on the activities, programs and events of the organizations members
6. to advocate and work with all levels of government on behalf of the arts, culture and heritage sector of HuronCounty
7. to promote Huron County as a cultural destination and producer of quality cultural products and experiences
Events & Activities
Huron Arts & Heritage Network core ongoing activities include:
– Maintenance and content development for online hub creativehuron.ca
– Publishing of electronic newsletter promoting arts, culture and heritage events and programs in Huron County
– Bi-monthly “Speakeasy” networking events for the County’s cultural sector
– Co-production of the annual Huron County Cultural Awards
– Partner with County of Huron to produce annual Cultural Symposium
– Act in an advisory capacity to the County of Huron on the implementation of the Huron County Cultural Plan
Huron Arts & Heritage Network is also the lead organization or partner for a number of annual and bi-annual community events including:
– Huron County Doors Open
– Huron Multicultural Festival
– National Culture Days Programming in Huron County
– Epic Youth Program
– Professional Development Workshops specific to the cultural sector in partnership with Huron Small Business Enterprise Centre
Huron Arts & Heritage Network receives annual operating support from Huron Tourism Association and the County of Huron. The County’s Cultural Services Department also provides administrative staff support to the organization through the Cultural Development Officer position. Funding for the organization’s projects and activities is drawn from a number of funding sources and programs that have included: Ontario Trillium Foundation, Canadian Heritage, Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, Ontario Arts Council, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Ontario Arts Council and Huron Economic Development Partnership.