Nominations Open for Annual Awards Celebrating the Best in Arts, Culture and Heritage in Huron County
Huron Arts & Heritage Network and The County of Huron welcome your nominations for this year’s Huron County Cultural Awards. Nominees can be a for a person, organization or business in one of the following categories.
- Cultural Event/Organization: Recognizes a cultural organization, event, festival or business (private or not-for-profit) that has made a contribution to the enhancement and vitality of the County’s cultural sector.
- Individual Artist: Recognizes an individual artist within any arts discipline who through their work has contributed to the reputation of Huron County as a producer of artistic excellence.
- Community Contribution: Recognizes a patron, supporter or volunteer who through their efforts and dedication has made a significant impact on the cultural community of Huron County
- Heritage Individual/Organization: Recognizes an individual or organization that has made a contribution to either the promotion or preservation of Huron County’s unique heritage.
- Innovation: Recognizes the contribution of an individual, organization or business that is using or introducing new ideas, technologies or services to promote and advance the arts, culture and heritage stories of Huron County.
Nominations are due by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, April 5. Guidelines and nomination forms are available HERE.
List of previous award recipients can be found HERE
The Cultural Awards Gala is Friday, April 21 at the Bayfield Town Hall, Clan Gregor Square, Bayfield. As well as recognizing the finalists and winners, this special evening also features entertainment by a variety of Huron County artists. There is also a silent auction of unique items at the Awards Gala supporting the activities of Huron Arts & Heritage Network. The event starts at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $15 each + handling fee and can be purchased through Eventbrite.ca. Click Here for Tickets. Ticket price includes selection of appetizers. Cash bar available.